AS Development Team Leader - Pharmaceutical Industry
Based in Tredegar
Please note, you must be from a pharmaceutical background, and have worked in a similar role within pharma to be considered.
Our client is a leading international pharmaceutical company, with a presence in both the USA and Europe. A full end to end, integrated service provider, they are a trusted partner to the global healthcare industry. Due to continued growth and current European expansion plans, they now have an opportunity for an AS Development Team Leader to join their existing scientific team in their manufacturing site in South Wales.
The main purpose of the role is to organise team activities and carry out routine and where necessary non-routine AS laboratory procedures in an effective and efficient manner. Also, to ensure compliance with relevant Company, local and international Regulatory and Client requirements.
AS Development Team Leader - Main Responsibilities:
- The job holder has direct people management responsibilities for their team members and ensuring that all KPIs, targets and any other deadlines are met individually and by the team.
- Responsible for the leadership of team of designated personnel within the Analytical Development group ensuring delivery of method development and validation activities, written and oral communication of technical aspects of analytical analysis to internal and external customers in accordance with agreed service levels.
- To manage and process all HR and departmental documentation for the team members including; attendance sheets, overtime forms, sickness related documents, absence request forms and annual leave and staff appraisals including 1:1s,
- probationary reviews and PMRs.
- To professionally and consistently conduct all relevant Team Leaders’ activities, including managing and recording as required, performance, absence, timekeeping, holidays, grievance, discipline, training and development, etc.
- To ensure the training and development of the Team is fully delivered, understood and evidenced in line with both day to day and Company requirements.
- To organise team activities to perform routine laboratory procedures and to oversee laboratory work within the team.
- To authorise technical documentation and to routinely participate in batch release procedures in relation to the team’s activities. This may extend to other areas within the department, as required.
- To prepare technical documentation within the department, as required.
- To appraise staff within the team, including setting and assessing achievement of objectives.
- To train others as required, to ensure that all members of the Team are adequately trained, and to ensure that appropriate training records are maintained for the team.
- To maintain sectional expenditure within budgetary constraints.
- To maintain a thorough understanding of international regulatory and ISO requirements pertinent to the team and to ensure that all work within the team complies with these, with departmental procedures and the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice.
AS Development Team Leader - Specific Skills and Experience
- Degree educated in a scientific subject (preferably Chemistry or Microbiology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Similar level supervisory experience within a laboratory environment essential, ideally in a pharmaceutical company.
- Dealing with external customer / clients
- Strong knowledge of cGMP
- Good computer skills across all Microsoft Packages
AS Development Team Leader - Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
- Salary - Competitive - Dependant on experience
Benefits Include - 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Profit Share Scheme, 4 x Death in Service Benefit, Cycle to work scheme, Free Parking, plus more….
Hours of work - 8.30am - 4.30pm - Monday to Friday.
Please be aware that due to the high number of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to get back to every candidate individually. Unfortunately, if you have not heard back from us within 7 days, then on this occasion you may have been unsuccessful. We will however keep your details on file for future roles and other opportunities
- Supervisory Experience
- Technical Documentation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job