Art and Technology Technician Needed in Barnsley (S70)
37.5 hours per week, term time only
£23,900 FTE gross, per annum and pro-rata
- Are you passionate about Art and Technology?
- Do you have keen attention to detail and high standards?
- Do you have experience preparing materials and equipment for projects?
TeacherActive has an amazing opportunity for a permanent Art and Technology Technician to work in a secondary academy in Barnsley. This "good" secondary school offers education for around 900 students between the ages of 11-16. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of maintenance and Health and Safety, as well as preparation of materials and resources and will manage ordering and replacement of stock and items. Experience of operating machinery is an integral part of the role and training will be provided for the successful candidate.
Main duties will include:
- Overseeing servicing and maintenance of machines and equipment to ensure safety and reliability.
- Preparing materials and equipment for lessons and projects, including preparation of demonstration materials and resources.
- Assisting teachers and students during lessons.
- To control and safely store chemicals, flammables and specialized solutions, ensuring that Health and Safety standards and regulations are adhered to.
The successful Art and Technology Technician will be:
- Reliable, highly motivated and self-driven.
- Experienced with an excellent knowledge and understanding of Art and Technology
- Keen on attention to detail, has high standards and takes pride in their work.
- A team player with strong communication skills.
- Have a desire to be innovative and add value to the Department.
- Be able to work using their own initiative and demonstrate effective time management and organisational skills.
We will offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Training and development opportunities
- Great employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
All our staff are paid on a PAYE basis, so you can rest assured that you’re paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance, and there’s no messing around with admin charges coming out of your hard-earned cash.
If you are interested in this position, or want to hear about any of my other opportunities, please click 'apply’ now, and I will be in touch with you to discuss further.
- Computer Science
- Fine Art
- Health Safety
- Secondary School
- Contemporary Art
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'