Area Sales Manager
Salary Range: £30,000 - £35,000 pa
+ Car Allowance + Excellent Commission
Excellent On Target Earnings - circa £60,000 plus possible
Ideally Candidates need to based in the Crawley - Guildford - Croydon area
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an established, international leader and provider of on-road load handling equipment. The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for the growth of capital equipment sales and maintenance contracts within their region.
- New equipment and maintenance contract sales.
- Pursue sales leads; visit existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; negotiate prices and delivery times within limits of authority; and conclude sales orders to meet sales targets.
- Manage assigned customer relations and be the main point of contact.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Refer sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organisation.
- Collaborate with technical support representatives in the Market Area to coordinate and channel technical support from functions towards assigned customers within the Market Area.
- Ensure efficient sales and marketing strategy is followed including taking an active role in key account management.
- Be active in CRM system and support monthly forecasting.
- Measurement and ongoing support of business development activities.
- Evaluate customer satisfaction in a structured manner, to ensure a process of continuous improvement.
- Obtain regular feedback on market development, trends and demand patterns.
- To co-operate closely with other business units to collaborate and share ideas.
- Handle prices and quotes in line with established guidelines.
- Prepared to travel within and outside UK.
In order to be successful in this position, you will:
- Possess a relevant educational background in technical / commercial disciplines.
- Have significant experience of commercial sales activity within a related industry (ideally commercial vehicle industry), and ideally an excellent understanding of load handling business and product knowledge.
- Have proven ability to drive and develop equipment / service sales and profitability.
- Possess the ability to develop and manage customer relationships.
- Have the ability to work in an international business environment in a matrix organisation.
- Be results and achievement driven.
- Be highly customer focused and eager to create long term relationships.
- Possess excellent communication / interpersonal skills, including the ability to work constructively together with internal and external stakeholders, and good presentation skills.
- Fluent in English; ideally you would also possess skills in a second language (in particular German or/and French).
- A full UK Driving Licence is required.
Ideal location for candidates to be based: Crawley - Guildford - Croydon area
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000, Plus car allowance, commission. - Excellent benefits
OTE £60,000 plus
To apply please forward your CV and a covering letter in support of your application
Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site.
- Technical sales
- commercial sales
- HGV sales
- Forklift Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job