- A provider of returnable transit packaging systems, renowned for providing high quality solutions to the retail, general industry and automotive sectors.
- Area Sales Manager
- South West
- Home set up so the successful candidate must reside in the South West
- To win new business and drive sales growth throughout the South West selling a range of returnable transit packaging solutions.
- The role involves selling to wide range of sectors. Key markets include food, agriculture & beverage, general industry, retail, logistics & distribution and automotive.
- The ASM is the main point of customer interface and represents the company in all areas of the business from opening the account to ensuring that they get paid.
- 80% of time to be spent in field with an average of 12 quality calls per week.
- Mix of visits to new business & existing customers, strong focus on new business development essential 70/30 in favour of new business. There is a healthy pipeline of potential customers.
Other objectives included in role:
- Completion of monthly report, forecast & area strategy. Strategy should ensure P&DR objectives are achieved
- Area planning
- Completion of CRM on a daily basis
- Working with partner stockists for smaller orders in line with commercial terms
- Full participation in budget setting
Previous Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years successful sales experience, preferably in a similar manufacturing environment within packaging e.g. Corrugated, Flexible Packaging etc.
- Able to demonstrate new business development skills
- Intelligent and well educated
- Well organized and self-motivated, able to plan own time
- Ability to operate both as an individual and as part of a team
- Must be able to explore markets and identify new prospects / target sectors
- Must have full UK driving licence
- Competent IT skills, will need to work with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Up to £40,000 depending on experience plus 40% bonus & car
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking then please contact us on a confidential basis.
- Account Management
- Sales Growth
- New Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job