The Architectural Technician will play a key role in supporting the continued growth of the Region. Based in their Lancashire office this newly created position will offer fantastic training and development for the Architectural Technician.
One of the most established House Builders in the UK, my client is one of the UK fastest growing and largest house builders. Their reputation is unparalleled in the world of quality new build housing, having seen unprecedented growth in the regions and across the UK.
They offer unrivalled training and development with many of the board of Directors joining the company as Junior levels and working there way to the top. They take pride in the quality and design of homes that they build to ensure that they build unique family homes.
Based from the Regional Lancashire office, the Architectural Technician / Technologist will have the following responsibilities:
- To work with the Land Department to ensure smooth transition of all architectural information takes place;
- To check all architectural drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability;
- To liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met;
- To apply for and secure planning permission for all architectural design and relevant regulation approval;
- To attend site visits and meetings in order to solve any problems that arises during the construction process;
- To attend design meetings with planning departments to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments;
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required;
- Procure sketch layouts and architectural design solutions;
- Provide provisional assessment of architectural design requirements;
- Review technical information and provide value architectural design.
The successful Architectural Technician / Technologist will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Have either a HNC/HND in Construction or Building studies OR degree in Architectural Technology;
- Be affiliated with or a member of CIAT;
- Have 2 - 6 years experience as a Technician and fully conversant with UK Building Regulations;
- Ideally, you will have experience within the residential sectors to fully appreciate complexities;
- Awareness of CfSH & LTH
There is an extremely competitive package on offer of between £40,000 and £50,000 depending on experience with a strong benefits package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job