Apprenticeship Scheme Coordinator
Apprenticeship Scheme Coordinator
Salary £30,357 to £32,997
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe’s largest science research organisations. We’re trusted to support, enable and undertake pioneering projects in an amazing diversity of fields. Through world-class facilities and people, we’re driving ground-breaking advances in science and technology.
STFC’s apprenticeship scheme has been running at our Daresbury Laboratory (DL) since 2012 and we recruit apprentices into areas including engineering, software engineering and project management.
About The Role
As a result of the breadth of our scheme increasing, as well as the use of apprenticeships to upskill existing staff, we now have an excellent new opportunity for an Apprenticeship Scheme Coordinator
This newly created role will provide operational coordination and administration of the Daresbury Laboratory apprenticeship scheme; providing support and guidance to managers, supervisors and apprentices.
Further responsibilities will include:
- organising apprentice placements and liaising with supervisors, ensuring compliance with all health and safety and safeguarding policies
- coordinating training and assessments, liaising with apprentices, assessors and local colleges as appropriate
- coordinating apprenticeship recruitment campaigns at DL and supporting wider campaigns
- coordination and support for careers events/open days
- supporting apprentice interviews, including sitting on interview panels
- provide an interface with all STFC apprenticeship schemes; DL, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) and Astronomy Technology Centre (Edinburgh), including liaising with our RAL Apprenticeship Coordinator on overseas placements
- liaising with training providers, ensuring that the curriculum is fit for purpose and evolves to meet the needs of STFC
- working with experts to oversee the quality and delivery of training
- planning and coordinating the annual apprentice awards evening
- planning, coordinating and attending the DL annual outward bound week
- administration of the apprenticeship budget
- working with the Apprenticeship Scheme Manager to increase the apprentice scheme breadth at DL, including increasing the utilisation of apprenticeships for upskilling
- maximising funding for the apprenticeship scheme from the apprentice levy and other sources.
A flexible approach is required to engage with schools, training providers, parents and potential apprentices, along with participation in the awards ceremony and outward bound week.
You will have experience of government apprenticeship priorities and funding mechanisms and of managing/supporting apprentices and/or those early in their careers.
Experience of building and maintaining collaborative relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge, experience and understanding of UK apprenticeships across a range of disciplines and skills related to working in a highly technical science and engineering environment wold be desirable.
Experience of marketing and recruitment in an education related field and working knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP systems would be desirable.
Knowledge of STFC’s apprentice scheme would also be desirable but not essential.
An excellent index linked pension scheme, 30 days leave allowance and flexi-time are offered. Full details of offered benefits can be found on STFC’s careers pages (http://www.stfccareers.co.uk)
How to apply:
Applications are handled by the UK Shared Business Services Ltd; to apply please visit our job board and upload your CV along with a covering letter stating why you are applying for this role (when saving your documents please include the IRC number in the file name). If you are unable to apply online please contact us quoting reference IRC244562.
The closing date for applications is 8th April 2018
Interviews scheduled for 25th April 2018
- Project Coordination
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job