Apprentice Fabricator/Welder – Architectural Metalwork
Location: Great Dunmow
Our client is a well-established company based in Essex with many years’ experience in the architectural and secondary steelwork industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to start their apprenticeship within a busy engineering & manufacturing environment. The position will involve dealing with a number of roles within the day-to-day operation, gathering great knowledge and skills whilst carrying out daily duties.
Responsibilities of the Apprentice Fabricator/Welder include:
- Welding and fabrication using MIG and TIG processes
- Working with steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- Welding and grinding
- Fabrication, preparation, assembly and welding of complex and simple structures
- Interpreting and reading drawings
- Health and Safety within a workshop environment
Please note the successful applicant will start the Apprenticeship course in September 2018, although you may start the apprenticeship at an earlier date.
Requirements of the Apprentice Fabricator/Welder:
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication and listening skills
- Practically minded with the ability to problem solve
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good timekeeping
- Live in/within a commutable distance of Great Dunmow
- The ideal candidate will be a team player, have a good attitude towards work, be able to work with and without supervision and be prepared to undertake other supporting tasks as and when required
- GCSE Maths and English A – C / 4 - 9 grades (or equivalent)
- GSCE in Design technology or Resistant Materials (desirable)
These are not essential as a positive attitude and work ethic are equally valued.
A permanent position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
What you can expect in becoming the Apprentice Fabricator/Welder:
- On the job training 4 days a week, with one day at college.
- You’ll have a designated mentor who will support your career development.
- As a Welding/Fabrication apprentice you will learn skills in operating specialist welding and fabrication techniques to coded standards, learning how to use precision tools to complete the projects as required. You will improve your material awareness to enable you to quickly and efficiently produce projects of different designs and component make up.
Things to consider:
- The role is mainly workshop based.
- Working hours are 0730 to 1600.
- Work can be strenuous so you will need to be able to work under pressure and have manual handling capability.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
If you feel as though you meet the criteria for this Apprentice Fabricator/Welder then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job