Successful manufacturing company, who have invested over £10M in their South Wales plant, securing over 100 jobs. The business is part of a large global group, and the Swansea facility is a regional centre of excellence for materials science and application engineering. The recent investment has led to significant improvements in new product and prototype lead times. The organisation is also investing in people and are currently recruiting for several key positions, with the goal of achieving double-digit growth over the next three years. This is an excellent time to join the business as further investments are planned for 2018 and beyond. The culture is supportive with a flat structure and close-knit team working ethos.
The company are currently looking to hire an applications engineer who will be responsible for providing technical support to new and existing customers for one of the groups key product ranges.
As the applications engineer, your duties will include:
- Providing technical support for customers.
- Interpreting customer requirements to promote the best technical solutions.
- Designing and specifying products, materials and components using AutoCAD
- Helping to develop new business opportunities through innovative design and development.
- Acting as the engineering design and control authority.
- Undertaking project work to oversee innovative design solutions from inception to completion
- Assisting with the investigation of any product quality issues.
- Travelling to undertake technical support customer visits.
To be successful in your application for the applications engineer position, you will need the following.
- Ideally, hold a degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Good people skills with the ability to become the face of the company.
- 2D/3D CAD experience (either in industry or via study)
- The willingness and ability to travel, mainly within Europe, up to 8-10 times per year.
In return, the applications engineer will receive a salary of £27,000 - £32,000, dependent on experience, plus benefits.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.
If you apply and your CV is of interest the consultant will call you if they cannot reach you, they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!
- Project Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Project Coordinator
- Applications Engineer
- NPI Engineer
- Technical Engineer
- Graduate Electrical Engineer
- Port Talbot
- NPI Coordinator
- Graudate Mechanical Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job