Applications Engineer, Cheshire East, £30K to c. £35K + Excellent Benefits
Keywords: Application Management Engineer, support, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Shropshire
Duties & Responsibilities: To be involved in the Customer Service Team, delivering application management service to the customers. The Application Management Engineer implements and runs best practices, techniques and procedures essential to a deployed application's optimal operation, performance and efficiency throughout the Software platform. To be responsible for assisting in the support of custom applications, monitoring critical logs, and working directly with users to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding custom applications and systems issues. Follow-up with users and support staff as needed on requests and problem tickets. Reporting and follow-up for service management, including incident management, problem management, and release management. Liaison among users, technical support and development teams. Work directly with the technical and development teams to resolve issues. On-call production support and maintenance required for support applications. Leveraging your problem solving skills, you will work, in collaboration with the software team, on a wide variety of Business & Technical issues in a fast pace environment that is managed using ITIL methodology. You will report to the Customer Services Manager.
Your role includes:
- To understand the technical & business architecture of the solutionsystem monitoring script.
- Applications monitoring: monitors critical logs and systems. Manage exceptions and fix data and systems engaging with the Business Consultant and System Engineers.
- On call support: overnight / early morning production on-call support and application management of the platform.
- To work directly with Clients and the Customer Service team to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding custom applications and systems issues.
- To assist in the project team charged with the implementation of the software at clients’ sites, more specifically the technical and data integration between the software and other financial applications
- To participate in regular customer Service status meetings
- To validate and keep the customer environments up-to-date (internally and customer)
- Degree in IT, or equivalent through experience
- Very Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience with Microsoft/Unix-based systems
- Minimum 2/3 years’ experience in IT application support services
· Infrequent travel to multiple facilities, UK and further afield
- On-call support for production in extended business hours
- A challenging and progressive position within an international work environment
- Excellent remuneration package (Pension Contribution, health care and life insurance)
Email: Jayne at HTS
HTS, Specialist Recruiters. Contract and Permanent Vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job