Applications Architect & Portfolio Manager - Manchester
DWF looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Applications Architect & Portfolio Manager with a good mix of analytical & technical skills, to join a fast paced, exciting team within DWF.
The focus of the role initially will be to assess the technology landscape and build a new function that supports Applications Portfolio Management through the phases of strategies, architect, select, deploy, operate, evolve, and retire.
This is a key role that will support the integrations strategy for Mergers & Acquisitions and creation of the future state digital architecture.
- Responsible to: Head of Applications & Development
- Liaison with: IT managers, subject matter experts, project team, vendors & relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the IT executive team to develop the IT strategy in the context of the business strategy with responsibility for optimisation, management and defining the future state of the applications in the DWF IT portfolio.
- Creation of a programme that rationalises applications to standardise, streamline and simplify the portfolio. Support the Integrations programme to quickly assess and accelerate consolidation of the IT landscapes, planning for a smooth transition and minimal disruption. Maximise cost savings with quick wins.
- Design a governance framework for 'applications life cycle management' from strategise, architect, select, deploy, operate, evolve, to retirement.
- Develop and maintain architecture roadmaps focused on timely delivery of business connectivity and the future of digital legal services.
- Manage the Application Portfolio information including application inventory, capabilities and related metadata, lifecycle information, and related visualisations. Develop and evolve reports and processes to gain insights and drive change from capability and application portfolio data.
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders to create a vision for a service, product roadmaps, investment plans supported by objectives and metrics. Identify and support platform managers and product owners in optimising the cost, risk and value of applications throughout their life cycle.
- Conduct regular surveys of stakeholder satisfaction with application products and, where necessary, help product owners implement action plans to improve satisfaction.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of DWF.
- Provide support for system selection and facilitate innovative and experimental application work to test new ideas working closely with the Solutions Design' function & relevant areas of IT.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- A desire to understand the changing legal services market, law firm economics and emerging technologies.
- Experience leading on complex technology projects with excellent facilitation skills and an understanding of how to apply change using an iterative approach.
- Good understanding of Applications Portfolio Management, performing capability assessments and aligning technology investment to the business strategy.
- Experience defining, implementing & managing application architecture roadmaps for diverse business processes and functions.
- Experience with application architecture in hybrid environments consisting of SaaS, on premise, and third-party managed services.
- A flexible approach to meet short term and long-term business goals in setting technology direction and strategic IT planning
- An aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts such as Enterprise Mobility, Cloud, Big Data, Analytics, Digital Business, and related topics across Enterprise Architecture, IT, and business domains.
- Programme management, organisational, analytical and problem solving skills with experience managing change in complex and business critical projects.
- The ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment with a confident and positive approach.
- Travel to other offices, including on occasion, international.
- Educated to degree level in a Computer Science or Law discipline
- Enterprise Architecture experience (TOGAF and/or equivalent) or a legal background with technical experience across a range of areas and a deep understanding of how a lawyer works on a daily basis.
- Experience in a multifaceted professional service environment and rationalising applications from M&A activity
- Delivery of a digital change programme that embeds a 'product management' ethos throughout the business.
- Knowledge or experience of Agile methodologies.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
We will make reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best. Please contact the DWF Recruitment team and tell us what adjustments you need either to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview. We are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access
- Law Firm
- Product Management
- Technical Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job