Application Support Specialist - SAP
Role: Application Support Specialist - SAP
Location: Bristol / Hybrid
Duration: 6 Months
Clearance: Current SC / DV required
Our client are looking for a dynamic, energetic and driven Application Support Specialist to join there engineering team, responsible for providing both remote and hands-on technical support to a varied community of users. This post will report directly to the Engineering Capability Manager and take operational direction from the Engineering Team Lead.
You will be required to provide support the existing team in the day to day running of applications specific to your knowledge base, assist in determining the impact of any changes to the application and delivery of those changes.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for providing IT technical support to a wide range of users and capabilities at all levels. Equally comfortable, confident and professional whether on the end of a phone or 'hands-on' at a desk, you will be the sort of individual that takes pride in providing a first-rate service and genuinely enjoys solving IT issues for colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Liaise with 3rd line IT teams for additional support of the applications.
- Respond to IT incidents, perform incident resolution or, when needed, escalation to the appropriate group.
- Support software installations, patching and In Service Releases.
- Maintain security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Contribute to technical documentation, knowledge articles, procedures & process definitions.
- Support emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
- Contribute to BDUK IT projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
- Exposure to or understanding of ITIL processes.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- BASIS SAP (Front end support - Oil & Gas plus Fi)
- Computing or engineering degree preferred.
- Experience of working within a secure (classified) environment
- Professional technical certifications highly desirable.
- Familiarity with BASIS SAP applications
For more information and immediate consideration please apply directly to this advert
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'