Application Support Lead / SAP / CIS Engineer
We are looking for an Application Support Lead / SAP / CIS Engineer to join a major utilities company in Reading, currently undergoing a transformation of its IT service and support landscape. This entails significant change across all major IT lines of service and includes the stand up of an in-house capability based around Service Integration and Management.
The Application Support Lead / SAP / CIS Engineer will be responsible for the management of the SAP / CIS applications, modules and interfaces across the entire business; ensuring maintenance planning and adherence to procedures for operating efficiency and taking responsibility for crisis management, process management, SLA adherence and service improvement.
Application Support Lead / SAP / CIS Engineer responsibilities:
- BAU Service Delivery: Ensure that all operational services are fit for purpose. Work as part of the overall programme delivery, support gate activities, defining service architecture and service introduction
- Risk Management: Work in collaboration with the Operational Risk Manager to manage operational risks and proactively mitigate against, resolve and report on service risks and issues
- Service Management: Support all service management processes and activities to support the delivery of BAU services; Develop and execute sourcing strategies to ensure the best value service delivery model
- Financial management: Work with the business and within the TTA to drive efficiencies and cost containment as an integral part of service delivery, specifically owning, managing and reporting on application cost centre budgets to ensure optimal delivery within financial parameters from a SAP / CIS optimisation perspective
- Supplier management: Work with supplier management to ensure robust contractual requirements are in place to deliver quality and cost effective services.
- Service Level Management: Work with stakeholders to define, manage, monitor, review and report on service level requirements and agreements, holding delivery partners to account for underpinning technical and operational service delivery
- Continuous Service Improvement: Develop, make recommendations, refine and own CSI service delivery plans, providing monthly management information to enable decisions that drive the highest levels of service within the timeframes and budgets agreed. Work with all relevant teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Service Reporting: Ensure the provision of regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
- Provide a Service Operations interface for programmes, projects and partners delivering transformation
Application Support Lead / SAP / CIS Engineer skills and experience:
- Management of service delivery, operational support and risk management within a complex matrix IT operational environment
- SAP / CIS experience including; SAP / CIS - ECC, SRM, CRM, BI, BO, PI/PO, SAP Portal etc…
- SAP / CIS performance tuning, configuration, replication, backup and recovery, DR and business continuity
- Thresholds, alerts, monitoring, transactional performance
- Affinity grouping and relationship mapping to business applications
- Middleware licensing optimisation
- Either degree level education or equivalent experience with ITSM
- ITIL foundation
If this looks like your next career opportunity then please use the apply button above to send over your CV, or contact Clare O'Brien at Pertemps Managed Solutions on or for further information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job