Job Title: Application Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £27,000 Depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Application Support Engineer Job Description:
Our client provides IT systems and services to the energy retail sector which have been specifically developed in-house with a single point of data entry, sophisticated workflow management and automated industry interaction.
Our clients Application Support Engineers aim to provide highly skilled technical support across our clients core systems to ensure business impacting issues are kept to a minimum whilst delivering an excellent client and customer experience.
Application Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide technical 2nd/3rd line support on core SaaS business systems.
- Manage and prioritise the delivery of Incident or Service Requests using the ITSM/CMDB platform.
- Identify and diagnose issues quickly to apply fixes or workarounds, minimising business impact.
- Provide Gilmond client representatives daily updates in regards to active work queues.
- Proactively contribute knowledge and expertise to Gilmond client teams to enhance the client and customer experience.
- Identify software enhancements for development and service improvement initiatives through day to day analysis of core business systems.
- Work with Gilmond client teams on third-party challenges for improvement initiatives.
- Work with the in-house product development and IT teams to ensure client requested software changes and enhancements are delivered to client expectations including coaching, feature presentation and communications.
- Work with the in-house IT team to make sure SaaS is optimised and client experience is maintained to the highest standards.
Application Support Engineer Key Skills:
- Previous experience working in a support role.
- Previous experience working within an ITIL environment
- An understanding of SaaS.
- Experience using SQL/Oracle server database platforms.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft tools.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Confident and effective communicator with the capability of bridging the gap between technology and non IT literate individuals.
- Positive and flexible 'can-do' attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond for both the team and clients.
- Quick learner.
- Previous knowledge of the energy sector (advantageous).
What our client Offers their Application Support Engineer:
- Salary of up to £27,000 - depending on experience
- Exceptional development opportunities
- 22 day' holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Cheap city centre parking option
- Pension contribution plan
- Great staff culture and working environment
- Free hot and cold drinks
- Free fruit bowls replenished daily
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this Application Support Engineer role then apply today for the chance to be considered for an early interview.
- 3rd Line Support
- 2nd Line Support
- Application Support Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job