Airwave Handset Programmer
We are currently recruiting for an Airwave Handset Programmer to work for Gwent Police at their headquarters in Cwmbran.
This is a temporary ongoing position working Monday to Friday 37 hours a week.
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO THE POLICE VETTING CRITERIA YOU MUST HAVE BEEN RESIDING WITHIN THE UK CONTINUOUSLY AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION FOR 5 YEARS.
To assist in the support of the Main Office Activities under the supervision of the Airwave Manager or nominee:
- To maintain the administration functions performed within the Radio Workshop/Airwave Support Office.
- To maintain, and co-ordinate the maintenance of police radio equipment, ancillaries and associated equipment, including booking and managing terminal installations, de-installations and repairs.
- To configure and operate the specialist Gwent Police radio programming equipment to ensure that all user details and radio programming are correctly entered and accurately maintained on the system.
- To operate and assist the management of the asset tracking register to ensure that the holder and location of each asset is known and there exists adequate software version control for radio terminals.
- To assist the Airwave System Manager in producing written guidance for asset users and terminal custodians.
- To arrange collection and delivery of equipment to and from police sites.
- To deliver a customer-focussed service.
- To promote and adhere to Gwent Police's Equal Opportunities Policy to support the development of a diverse workforce.
- To take reasonable care of own and others' safety; to co-operate with managers / supervisors in complying with statutory health and safety duties; to report incidents, accidents, faults etc.
- To fully participate in the Performance Development Review process.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'