SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential
We have an exciting opportunity for a Advisory Assistant to join our global organisation. The salary on offer will be £16,000 - £19,000 per annum depending on experience. SGS also offers an excellent benefits package including private healthcare, childcare vouchers and discount schemes, plus a contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
- Project managing the workflow process from product notification, product clearance to invoicing and payment within the agreed timescales. The Advisory Assistant is responsible for all queries relating to their products.
- Liaise with multiple parties including the client, product supplier and internal team to ensure agreed deadlines and Key Performance Indicators are achieved.
- Process new product notifications including an integrity check of data provided, allocation, categorisation and costing. Obtain a purchase order number within the agreed timescale.
- Request and collect product specifications within a time-frame agreed between SVA and the supplier which does not impact on delivery timescales.
- Keep products on track throughout the life of the project, reviewing them on a daily basis and ensuring that full assistance is given, escalating as appropriate to the client and SVA management.
- Ensuring key information is communicated to those involved through effective use of an in-house tracking system, telephone and email.
- Raising invoices and dealing with any associated queries to ensure that payment is received within 100 days of product notification.
- Pulling all of these together to support retail own-label products gaining legal and technical approval for sale in stores across the country.
Our ideal candidate:
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Has previous experience of following a defined workflow process and delivering against agreed timescales
- Must be highly organised, practical and pro-active
- Previous experience of working with purchase orders and invoices is desirable
- Holds excellent computer skills including competent use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Has a strong, positive work ethic along with experience of working in an office / open plan environment
- Has a natural ability to build relationships in a professional environment
- At a minimum must be qualified to A Level (or equivalent)
We providing an extensive range of Advisory, Testing and innovative IT services for the food and consumer products industry. We help retailers and brand owners deliver a guarantee of product integrity and brand assurance through supplier development, testing, legal support, audit and consultancy.
SGS Ashby has bought together a unique level of expertise. Our colleagues have vast experience in servicing and working within the food and consumer products industry. The individual members of the team have substantial experience in providing solutions both to clients and their supplier base.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job