About the Role
The Activities Co-ordinator is part of the caring team and as such works with other staff to care for the Service Users in the Home. The person appointed to the post will be expected to have an understanding of and sympathy with elderly people.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Arrange entertainment and maintain appropriate documentation in line with the monthly activities budget.
- Organise in-house and other events such as Christmas parties, Easter raffles, Summer fares and bonfire parties. Ensure that adequate supplies are purchased for the events whilst still working within the set budget.
- Organise outings for the Service Users and escort when necessary, ensuring the appropriate staffing levels, transport and venues are taken into consideration.
- Encourage Service Users to participate in the daily activities.
- Assist in completing a profile of each individual Service User’s preferences to different activities and document in care plans.
- Liaise with the Person in Charge with respect to the Service Users’ individual abilities on a regular basis.
- Work to the appropriate Codes of Practice
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
*Apprenticeship opportunities availableKings Court
Kings Court Care Centre, situated close to transport routes in Swindon, supports those seeking an independent lifestyle and assistance from skilled carers. A team of caring staff welcomes new residents and strives to respect the wishes of individuals as much as possible. Residents at Kings Court Care Centre have the freedom to make decisions about what meals they would like. A home-cooked alternative meal can always be provided by the care home's chef. Individuals are given nutritious options so that they can enjoy a well-balanced diet. Staff takes residents and their relatives' concerns very seriously and individuals are made to feel comfortable thanks to the care home's approachable and friendly staff.
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We're an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Interested? Just click apply! Or if you have any further questions before applying you can contact the recruitment team at [email protected] or you can call us at <>.
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'