36 hrs pw - inc. some weekend/evening hours
£10 per hour
Rectory Court is a stunning new residential care home recently opened and is part of The Cinnamon Care Collection.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Activities Coordinator to join the team at Rectory Court, Blackheath.
The role involves planning and facilitating stimulating activities, promoting independence and choice to suit the different needs and interests of the residents.This is a hands-on working role with responsibility for coordinating a successful activities and volunteer programme within the Cinnamon home. This includes internal and external communication about activities-focused programmes for our residents, as well as networking within the local community to recruit, train and place volunteers within the home alongside other activity team members. The calendar of events can include fitness, arts & crafts, musical events and group historical discussions as well as trips out to various places of interest.
We are looking for you to introduce appropriate activities for older people which support independence and to identify activities in the surrounding areas that will assist our residents to integrate into the local community.
1. Organise and conduct activities that encourage both social, mental and if appropriate physical stimulation for the residents within the home.
2. Network and develop links in the local community to establish a relationship with local businesses, organisations and schools. Build and maintain a volunteer base for the whole home, involving family, staff and community volunteers to participate as a regular part of the activities programme.
3. To organise fund raising events.
4. To organise special events i.e. Christmas entertainment, Ascot, Royal Occasions etc.
5. To produce a monthly programme of events to be discussed with the General Manager of the home.
6. To encourage residents and team members to participate in the homes activities programme.
7. Maintenance of posters and notice boards within the home.
This is an exciting role within the home and we are looking for someone who is compassionate, enthusiastic and brings a daily calendar of fun and entertainment into the home!
- social events
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job