A top 10 firm of national accountants are looking for a Semi-Senior Accountant to join their Leeds office.
The successful candidate will deliver a high standard of professional service to a wide range of clients through the provision of accounts preparation services. Work should be performed with minimal supervision. The role will include some work on unincorporated clients but the majority of time will be spent working on small incorporated clients with a range of turnover. Clients fall into a variety of sectors which include services, retail, manufacturing and property.
- To work within the existing accounts preparation team preparing accounts for a variety of sole trader, partnership and incorporated businesses from a mixture of both manual and computerised source records. The position may include travel to clients own premises.
- To be involved in the preparation of management accounts for clients to within a specified timeframe.
- To work within a budget to prepare for the manager a fully cross referenced file and financial statements for their review.
- To assist clients on an ad hoc basis with bookkeeping services and preparation of VAT Returns.
- Ensure manager review points are satisfactorily cleared.
- Communicate with clients in a professional and confident manner.
- Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax) and pass on all relevant information.
- Assist in the department with any additional ad hoc duties and queries.
- To maintain time records and appraisal records.
- Previous experience of preparing accounts.
- Part qualified ACCA or ACA, AAT qualified or equivalent
- Experience of SAGE and a good understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Excel.
- To be able to take ownership of their own work and have good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- To have the ability to work as part of a team.
Salary negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job