Accounts Receivable Officer
You will require collection of overdue debt and preventing invoices from becoming overdue. You'll ensure accurate maintenance of client information and record all chasing activity. Reporting and escalation of issues to the Team Leader which may impact on meeting required deadlines.
Fast growing retail business based in Luton is looking to grow their finance department, they are an industry competing business with a very busy finance department. You will be joining as an accounts receivable officer working underneath an experienced finance manager.
Day to day duties of the accounts receivable officer:
- Maximise cash collection and minimise overdue debt
- Management of client relationship
- Accountable for disputed debt and work with operational teams to resolve queries and prevent re occurrence.
- Ensure effective communication internally and externally.
- Meeting with clients and key contacts in the business where necessary
- Providing reports on overdue debt position
- Reconciling and collection of historic debts
- Provide high level of customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Escalate issues that impact on the completion of tasks to the Team Leader
What makes a successful accounts receivable officer ?
- Ideally you will have Advanced Excel skills with experience including PIVOT Tables essential and being comfortable with formulas such as CONCATENATE, VLOOKUP and SUMIF
- Relationship Management background (customer service, sales eg)
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally.
- Disciplined approach to managing own workload whilst working to agreed targets and deadlines.
- The ability to pay attention to detail whilst working to strict deadlines.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office experience is important)
- AAT/ICM qualifications desirable.
- A competitive salary package
- Great prospects and stability
- Supportive management
- Training opportunities
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'