To provide a high quality service to the Accounting & Outsourcing department’s client base and ensure accurate and timely preparation of client management accounts and financial accounts.
Work should be performed with minimal supervision.
The clients will range from SME’s, Entrepreneurial and Private Client and Larger organisations based both in the UK and Internationally from a range of sectors including manufacturing, service industry, education sector and retail.
• To work within the existing accounts preparation team preparing accounts for a variety clients from a mixture of both manual and computerised source records. The position may include travel to client’s own premises.
• To be involved in the preparation of management accounts for clients to within a specified timeframe.
• To work within a budget to prepare for the manager a fully cross referenced file and financial statements for their review.
• To assist clients on an ad hoc basis with bookkeeping services and preparation of VAT Returns.
• Ensure manager review points are satisfactorily cleared.
• Communicate with clients in a professional and confident manner.
• Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax) and pass on all relevant information.
• Assist in the department with any additional ad hoc duties and queries.
• To maintain time records and appraisal records.
• Previous experience of preparing accounts.
• Part qualified ACCA or ACA, AAT qualified or equivalent.
• Experience of SAGE and a good understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Excel.
• Experience of Xero beneficial but not essential.
• Knowledge of Caseware beneficial but not essential.
• To be able to take ownership of their own work and have good time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• To have the ability to work as part of a team.
Diversity and Inclusion at Mazars
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people - we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement - not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"