Accounts Payable Manager 12-month FTC
Role: Accounts Payable Manager 12-month FTC
Salary: Up to £45k
Location: Office based, Hybrid, Manchester
Type: 12-month FTC
My client is a facilities management company that operate internationally with a range of clients from all sectors. They are on the lookout for an Accounts Payable Manager to join the team on a 12-month FTC.
- Lead the accounts’ payable function and team, ensuring timely and accurate invoice processing, supplier payments, and month-end close activities.
- Coach and develop the accounts payable staff across two locations and foster a culture of compliance and internal control.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Hard Services finance leads to provide high-quality data to support the business operations.
- Review and improve internal controls and processes, aligning them with best practices.
- Develop and implement compliance frameworks and systems best practices.
- Provide training to accounts payable and other departments on relevant topics.
- Generate and deliver reports and analyses to the business, using the query management system.
- Produce valuable management information to inform strategic decision making.
- Complete CIS tax submissions accurately and on time.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, including the Group’s auditors.
- Meet all reporting, scheduling, and information delivery deadlines.
- Identify, manage, and resolve potential problem accounts.
- Handle queries and escalate issues with appropriate documentation.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to ensure excellent service and adherence to SLAs where applicable.
- Understand the working capital position and cash flows and explain the impact of creditors on them monthly.
- Assist with system updates and software development.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Ensure compliance with payment practice reporting framework requirements.
- Lead system upgrades and development for accounts payable, ensuring workflows are followed correctly.
- The ability to drive continual improvement across the entire function with strategic skills.
- Proven experience in designing and maintaining internal control frameworks.
- Effective communication skills with a range of stakeholders to ensure the function’s outputs are maximised.
- Experience in managing a high-volume transactional Accounts Payable function across multiple locations.
- Self-motivation and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive and focused attitude when dealing with all colleagues.
- Personal responsibility and accountability.
- A flexible and positive attitude towards work.
- Experience in using Microsoft Dynamics 365 and OCR technology (desirable).
- A keen interest in continuous learning and development.
- Experience in CIS (preferable).
- AAT level 4 or equivalent finance qualification (desirable).
What’s in it for you.
Competitive pension scheme
Learning and development opportunities
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'