Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £28k, DoE
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: 18 months fixed contract - Maternity Cover
DCS Sonovision UK provides a full range of Technical Publications to multi-national companies world-wide. We develop printed, electronic and online documentation, working to industry specific standards for the Defence, Energy and Aerospace sectors.
The role will involve the processing of all financial transactions in multiple currencies and supporting the group Accountants processing monthly accounts. This role would suit a motivated AAT Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Controlling and maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers
- Monitoring, reconciling and revaluating the bank accounts
- Monitoring and updating the cash flow forecast
- Managing the payroll (with support from our external payroll company)
- Reconciling the petty cash and credit card payments
- Processing expenses claims
- Processing and submitting VAT returns and EC Sales Lists
- Producing monthly WIP and accruals figures
- Liaising with external accountants to produce month-end and year-end accounts
- Producing financial information and reports for the Directors, Project Managers, Parent Company and Quality Management Systems
- Managing utility contract renewals
- Assisting the directors with financial information for budget preparation, sales and tenders
To be considered for this opportunity:
You will need to be a dynamic individual that can demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines
- A minimum of 3 years accounts experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an advanced working knowledge in excel
- Experience with Sage 50 accounts desirable
- Excellent communication skills with a confident and personable telephone manner
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently and be confident to work closely with the directors.
Please note candidates must successfully undergo UK Security Vetting before they can be appointed.
The level of security needed is Security Check (SC).
No Agencies please
- Microsoft Office
- Sage 50
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job