Accounts Manager / Client Accounts Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accounting Firm in Bristol who are looking to strengthen their Client Accounts team with the appointment of a Qualified Accounts Manager for their office. Working directly with Partners and Directors, you will be providing a wide range of accounting services to individuals and numerous family-owned businesses. Such services include accounting, tax advice and general advisory project work across legal entities such as family trusts, companies and partnerships. Managing a team of 4 junior staff and responsible for all day-to-day team activities, key duties include:
• Managing a portfolio of your own clients, looking after their individual and business Accounting & Tax needs
• Planning and completing engagements across the client base, overseeing and reporting on the work of junior staff.
• Dealing directly with senior Client staff on any queries they may have
• Delivering high quality accounting & tax reports and ensuring that all client needs are met
• Setting priorities, defining activities and work-plans for junior staff so results for the office are achieved on time and to budget
• Working co-operatively with other offices, positively influencing team participation to support the firm’s wider goals
• Advising on different types of accounting legislation, asset protection or estate planning; ensuring a tax-efficient structure for client affairs.
• Assisting growing client businesses with any international and/or cross-border issues
• Assisting clients with financing of business interests, passing on wealth and streamlining their business affairs.
• Assisting with a number of one-off assignments and special advisory work.
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACCA or ACA Accountant with experience in a similar Client Services or General Practice environment in a Top UK or Regional Accounting Firm. With strong management accounts, bookkeeping, statutory accounts (inc UK GAAP and IFRS knowledge), forecasting and budgeting experience; you should also have excellent staff management skills for this role. You should be confident in face-to-face meetings with clients, be high professional, commercially minded and have excellent interpersonal & organisational skills. Ideally, you should have experience of managing a diverse client portfolio and some exposure to one-off special projects which may include complicated technical areas.
On offer is a salary up to £55,000 depending on qualification and relevant experience, with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Statutory Accounts
- Client Accounts
- UK GAAP
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'