Role: Accounts Assistant
Location: Warrington Salary: Negotiable
Our client is a leading manufacturer of sports footwear and apparel and proud of their global reputation in the market place. Year on year growth across an increasing number of sports, coupled by investment in their retail operation has led to new career opportunities, including the need to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their busy Warrington based operation.
The ideal candidate for this role will havea proven passion for Finance and Accounting and preferably have a keen interest in Sports, as well as an understanding of the commercial workings of Accounting.
- Print all AR invoices and chase letters on a daily basis and mail to customers
- Match goods received notes to invoices and distribute for authorisation and monitor progress
- Assist credit controller in chasing outstanding debt and resolving queries
- Reconcile supplier statements to the purchase ledger and carry out general maintenance of the purchase ledger
- Process payment runs
- Act as first point of contact for suppliers and maintain good commercial relationships
- Checking and processing of employee expenses
- Process and maintain the purchasing cards across the company
- Update purchase ledger from bash book entries
- Process freight and duty costs
- Able to raise accurate manual credits and invoices on customer accounts
- Posting cash received to AR ledger accounts
- Proven admin skills and experience of working within a finance team
- Excellent numeracy and keyboard skills
- Able to organise own workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with customer service focus
- IT skills - Excel and Word. Full training will be given in the use of current software packages.
In summary, the applicant will have at least 1-2 years experience in a similar role, have a can-do mentalityand above all have a passion for the importance of this new key role.
This is a fast paced company with lots going on, presenting a challenging agenda for the future. It is also an incredibly rewarding company in which to work and where investment in staff and career progression is key.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job