Reports to Associate Director - Finance (Foundation)
Salary: £12 per hour
Temporary: 2-3 months
Full Time: 35 hours per week
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a world famous Botanical Garden based in South West London.
Support the day to day financial accounting and Accounts Payable operations for the Foundation Directorate and Accounts Payable for the gardens
Principle working relationships
Liaise with the Foundation staff, staff, third-party providers and external debtors/creditors on behalf of the Gardens.
* Payments/purchase ledger: Ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner and payments are accurately coded on the financial systems in operation. Reconcile monthly aged creditors reports.
* Control electronic requisition orders and purchase orders. Maintain supplier standing data.
* Assist with ad hoc year end tasks, journals and queries.
* Take full responsibility for bank account reconciliations.
* Prepare Foundation charity payment runs
* Assist with year-end external audit preparation work
* Process staff expense claims and corporate credit cards.
* To be a positive and active Team Player in supporting and developing the Finance team
* Actively contribute to the Finance team, demonstrating a flexible and 'can-do' approach in all elements of daily work.
* To communicate effectively with all departments at the Gardens and build good working relationships.
* Ensure confidentiality at all times
Experience and knowledge:
* Working knowledge of an accounting system
* Experience of financial expenditure processing
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office - in particular Excel
* Bookkeeping experience
* Experience of electronic banking solutions and reconciliation
* Working knowledge of a fundraising or similar database
* Working knowledge of Gift Aid and charity VAT
* Experience of a charitable fundraising organisation
* Experience of Agresso
Skills and abilities:
* Highly numerate with good analytical skills
* Planning & organising to "multi-task"
* High level of accuracy with good attention to detail
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work accurately under pressure, and to deadlines
* Team player with proven ability to work effectively within teams
* Highly organised and able to manage conflicting priorities.
* High degree of personal initiative and enthusiasm.
* Self-motivated and proactive.
* Enjoys making things happen, results orientated.
* A positive can-do attitude, commitment and willingness to get involved.
* Confident approach, able to remain calm under pressure.
* Demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
* Persistent and resilient.
* Diplomatic and loyal to the organisation.
* Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job