Accounts & Audit Semi Senior
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified, or qualified by experience individual to support the Professional Practices Team in the delivery of first class service to clients.
Working for a top 50 award winning professional services firm with an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Corporate - Professional Practices
Full time (37.5 hours per week)
£Competitive salary and benefits package after qualifying period (including pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, flexible benefits)
This role will provide an opportunity to run a portfolio of clients as client relationship manager, consisting of a mixture of professional practice clients and general corporate clients. Working primarily in the professional practice team, with a strong audit bias, the candidate will line manage staff and organise service delivery. The role will also include business development activities such as networking, potential new client meetings, tender and fee quote preparation, writing technical articles, blogs, and videos. The successful candidate will work alongside and offer technical support to the Partners, including file reviews and completing ad hoc project work. You will also manage and inspire staff to ensure the high technical standards are maintained.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
• To become a client relationship manager on a range of general corporate and professional practice clients, delivering a high standard of technical and commercial advice on annual compliance services and ad hoc projects
• To plan workflow for the team
• To manage, develop and motivate managers and the team by providing support and development through on the job coaching and appraisals.
• Taking an active role in the financial management of the department
• Participating in business development activities to further grow and add to the department USPs
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
• ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualification or qualified by experience
• Up to date technical knowledge of auditing and financial reporting standards
• External audit experience at a senior level
• The ability to make good decisions in a timely and confident manner, implement change and challenge
• The drive to seek new opportunities to improve current processes, systems and methods to promote reliability, quality and efficiency of output
• The skills to manage and develop others to accomplish the firm’s goals and objectives
Desirable skills include:
• Experience of working with solicitors and other professional practices.
• Experience of completing SRA Accounts Rules audit work.
• Experience in preparing tax computations for limited companies, partnerships and individuals.
• Familiar with both paper based and IT based auditing systems.
• Awareness of key dates and filing deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong communication skills along with a positive and solutions focused attitude and the dedication to work the hours necessary to achieve the desired results.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible and will make an appointment as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
- External Audit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job