We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Assistant (Accounts payable) for a long term contract based at a heavy industry / Refinery facility in Clydach, Swansea.
The Accounts Assistant will coordinate the effective running of the accounts payable function at Clydach and ensure effective control of the area on a day to day basis. Duties & responsibilities will include:
· Maintain and update the accounts payable ledger, ensuring invoices are accurate and properly analyzed, coded, authorized and processed. Ensure the integrity of invoice processing by maintaining and continually reviewing a record of invoices awaiting authorization.
· Ensure that invoices are authorized in accordance with norms and local processes and ready for payment in accordance with payment terms; and ensure processes are in place to resolve any query invoices in a satisfactory and timely manner. · Ensure that effective processes exist for DDs and multicurrency payments.
· Act as a point of contact for vendors as necessary to resolve invoice / payment queries.
· Carry out month end tasks and provide information to support the process in accordance with the requirements of the month end timeline and SAP procedures.
· Provide accounting information and assistance to various departments, including preparation of analysis and reports, reconciliation for control accounts and other analysis as appropriate.
· Monitor area effectiveness through the use of appropriate KPIs and apply and promote continuous improvement tools and techniques in the area.
· Responsible for the completion of returns to statutory and regulatory bodies, including the Office of National Statistics
· Promote and maintain a safe working environment, ensuring that safety inspections are conducted in work area.
The successful candidate will be analytical, have strong attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise to meet both internal deadlines and those set up UK regulatory bodies, work collaboratively and be organised whilst under pressure.
They will also require the ability to communicate effectively and confidently and have strong interpersonal skills. Working as part of a global organisation, there are company processes, systems and procedures that are followed and therefore interaction with our Corporate Finance Team is expected.
To apply for the position, you must have: At least 3 GCSEs (2 of which must be in Mathematics, English), 3 years experience of working in an accounts payable position, be IT proficient, particularly with Excel and ideally SAP.
- Accounts Payable
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"