Overall Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Day to day servicing of a number of accounts, usually encompassing a mix of OTC and Rx brands
* Appreciation of overall strategic direction of the client brand
* Direct face to face client interaction/meetings/briefings/project management
* Development & presentation of creative & tactical plans to client
* Planning and managing in house work flow of campaign materials
* Briefing & evaluating creative and ensuring creative output meets objective
* Providing direction and guidance to account executives
* Identification of potential for organic growth in existing client business
* Managing financial status of accounts including, budget reconciliation, estimates, re-estimates and production costs
* Understands and can share the agency's beliefs, values and USP, and how these relate to the Clients' aspirations.
* Understands the strategic vision for the brand(s), contributes to and initiates discussions on strategy.
* Demonstrates credibility through up to date knowledge of developments e.g. on-going research, press cuttings, competitor analysis.
* Initiates discussions to identify brand development opportunities e.g. piggy back campaigns.
* Client seeks opinions, invites to meetings, conferences etc.
* Client trusts judgement on creative solutions.
* Able to identify the key issues/needs to client.
* Manages client expectations - what is possible, by when, what cost; educates client on agency processes
* Co-ordinates in house team performance to achieve schedules.
* Gains commitment to schedules through discussion and negotiation.
* Can get urgent/unplanned work done due to trust and respect from in house team.
* Recognises the needs of different teams.
* Keeps calm, does not create crises for others.
* Has respect for and from others.
* Is realistic about what can be achieved- time frames, capacity, capability.
* Advises and coaches Account Executive to develop potential
* Writes creative briefs which are thought through and appropriate, for example i) Identify the priority issues, the right amount of information ii) Contain focused, crystal clear and important messages iii) Describe what people will do, by when, iv)do not dictate the creative route, but are single minded about what is needed
* Assesses creative work against brief, gives rational objective feedback.
* Presents/sells creative work with enthusiasm and confidence ('owns' the finished work).
* Able to 'defend' creative work against original brief with objectivity and sound understanding of the function of brands.
* Informs client of costs at every stage.
* Informs Director/BUD on account status and developments.
Financial and Commercial
* Is aware of individual client revenue/income budget and current performance.
* Compiles estimates to maximise income/profitability (margins, hours, production costs etc.).
* Commercially responsible i.e. understands the impact of actions/decisions on the efficiency of the agency e.g. excessive time spent on brand, couriers, changes/corrections to artwork.
* Estimates are always current, reflecting changes.
* Understands the impact of decisions on other departments
Personal skills and attributes
* Organises own time to achieve deadlines, prioritises tasks within given time frames
* Clear communicator, honest and fair with colleagues.
* Understands production processes; explains processes to clients; recognises needs of internal departments.
* Knows when to ask for help.
* Manages confrontational situations constructively, positively.
* Communicates 'bad news' constructively, without demotivating the team.
* Identifies own training and development needs
- Account Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job