Our client is seeking a Account Manager/BDM to join their team in the South. As an Account Manager you will need to:
- Manage your own client portfolio in line with defined business practice standards.
- Define, own and implement a business plan to underpin the delivery of the net new business (NNB) sales target set and client retention
- Identify areas to expand the range of products and services to prospects and clients within the business plan.
- Effectively manage your own time in relation to travel and resource.
- Contribute to overall business strategy through conceptual ideas for consideration by line management (new product development, service initiatives, marketing concepts).
- Mentoring of other colleagues with a view to supporting the overall strategy for training and development across the wider sales team.
- Attend client meetings and presentations
- On occasion attend prospect business meetings as arranged by our Telebusiness team at pre-arranged dates, times and venues.
- Assess the best products and service options in relation to the particular requirements of each client. Ensure best advice is given at every stage of the sales process and adherence to regulatory requirements is observed.
- Fully comply with the completion of data entry onto our Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
To apply for this exciting opportunity the successful candidate must have the following skills:
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience within the relevant market sector in a client facing commercial role.
- Willingness to study for relevant industry qualifications to a minimum of Cert CII.
- Good influencing and presentation skills with experience at presenting to Board level.
- Adaptable and open to new processes and ideas with an ability to encourage such behaviours across the wider team in support the of respective line manager.
- A good knowledge of relevant products and funding options available in the market place and knowledge of competing intermediaries.
- Strong knowledge of each market provider’s products and differentiators is essential to an effective contribution to this role.
- Good computer literacy and an ability to adopt with ease new processes and procedures.
- A good understanding of the FCA regulations and their impact on the job role. An understanding of principles and rules relating to confidentiality as defined by the Data Protection Act.
- A professional and approachable manner with all internal and external clients.
- Good attention to detail with enhanced abilities in numerical and verbal reasoning.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Adaptable to change and new processes.
- A good influencer and negotiator whose skills can be encouraged in others.
- Willingness to travel to effectively undertake the role.
- Overnight stays may be required to support ergonomic use of own resource and to support at business networking events.
Salary / Benefits:
- Salary (depending on experience)
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company car provided
- Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Company funded cash plan
- Life assurance
- Income Protection insurance (PHI)
- Funding for CII studies
- Private medical insurance
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please forward your CV in confidence quoting reference 1711-16TW alternatively If you would like more information about this opportunity, please contact Anthony Weall.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job