Job Title: Account Manager
Location: Bredbury, Stockport
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 (DOE) + £5k Bonus
Established in 1997, Our Client helps growing businesses improve efficiency and solve problems using IT and communications technology. With ambitious growth plans, they currently have around 40 people in their team. This is a great opportunity for someone with a good base of experience in service led account management to join our team and play an important part in the business' growth to the mutual benefit of its customers and employees.
The Client is looking for an ambitious, service focused sales professional, with the enthusiasm, ability and experience to succeed, to join the team to secure contract renewals and support sales growth. Everything that you do will be underpinned by ensuring that their customers get the best possible service experience. You'll be supporting the onboarding of new customers and nurturing the ongoing relationships by ensuring that customer needs are met and that they feel the value of working with the business. You'll be constantly on the lookout for new sales and referral opportunities to feed into the sales team to support sales growth.
You'll be a clear and confident communicator, who enjoys interacting and collaborating with others to solve problems and encourage continuous improvement in our approach. Your commercial skills will enable you to shape profitable renewal offers and negotiate based on value.
With a high volume of account activities on the go at the same time, both in and away from the office, you'll be working at a face pace and responding to change constantly. Your exceptional organisational skills and keen attention to detail will be essential to ensuring you keep tasks on track and take ownership for 'making it happen' on time.
- Meeting existing customer contract renewal targets; preparing proposals, negotiating and closing the renewal order
- Overseeing the onboarding process for new customers - making introductions to other departments, ensuring effective implementation of new services, explaining our service approach and how to access support
- Developing and managing customer relationships at multiple contact points to ensure smooth running of the service and support experience - defining account contact plans to drive regular engagement via planned calls, email communication etc,
- Providing a central point of contact for key customers, solving escalated queries both directly with 3rd party providers and via our service team
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for the sales team to cross-sell to our existing customers and for our customers to refer us to new companies
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Working with stakeholders at all levels including senior executives work with senior executives
- Highly numerate, commercial and computer literate - MS Office Suite including strong excel skills and ability to analyse and present data
- Previous experience in technology NOT vital
- Full, clean UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
- At least 3 years' experience in a business to business, customer facing Account Management role
- Proven track record in meeting sales targets
- Delivering exceptional customer service in a technology based environment, specific knowledge of business mobile, landline, telephone system or IT services would be an advantage
- Highly organised and efficient, able to manage multiple channels of activity and prioritise effectively, with keen attention to detail, driven, enjoys working to targets
- Self-starter, 'can do' approach, always thinking around the task and adding value where possible
- Positive outlook, strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of results, genuine care for getting the best outcomes for the customer
- Confident, professional manner, smart and well presented
- Flexible and reliable, ready to get stuck in with what's needed and make it happen
- Numerate and confident to analyse and present data and statistics
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written & verbal), enjoys interaction with people, collaborative working and exchanging ideas, able to gain support and cooperation from colleagues
Benefits: Health Cover, Sickness Benefit, Retail Discounts + Up to 28 Days Annual Leave
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Senior Account Manager, Sales Development Manager, Senior BDM, National Business Development Manager, Senior Account Manager, Key Accounts, Internal Sales Manager, Business Development, Senior Sales Executive, Commercial Sales, Key Sales, may also be considered for this role.
- Account Manager
- Business Development
- Key Accounts
- Senior Account Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Internal Sales Manager
- Sales Development Manager
- Senior BDM
- National Business Development Manager
- Senior Sales Exec
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job