Connect44 are looking for 2nd Line On-Site Engineers to work in London on a contractual basis for 2 years. The engineers will work within a team covering a 24 hour period. One engineer will work within the Area Operation and Maintenance team supporting daily running’s of the project The other engineer will work within the Big Data Operation and Maintenance team providing support and guidance on the project.
- Responsible for compiling the common trouble shooting manual and capable of engagement with the 1st line on-site support engineers and enable they have the ability.
- Timely response with the problem from the on-site engineers and able to guide them processes the problem.
- Complete the tasks from the technical manager and make sure the project delivery quality.
- Strong analytical skills for the difficult problem, and follow up the problem handling till the problem solved.
- Responsible for the project acceptance, and update the document timely with the new issues.
- Improve the whole team working efficiency by utilizing the automation tool.
- First degree or above, computer science or a related subject. Minimum 3 years experiences in big data platform operation and development.
- Experience with Linux system, know well Linux system command, comprehend the operation and maintenance system architecture.
- Experience with at least one script language (Python/Shell/PHP and etc.). Familiar with at least one develop programming (Java/C/C++ and etc.). Programming development experience is highly desirable.
- Know well with at least one database develop tool: Oracle, Teradata, DB2, Mysql and etc. Experiences in database modelling. Apply SQL with massive data processing ETL.
- Experience with NTP, YUM, DNS and firewall technologies.
- Experience with Mysql database and SQL statement.
- Strong background in data warehouse theory, familiar with the data warehouse model design, extensive experiences in design of application layer.
- Familiar with Hadoop ecosystem technology and have experiences.
- Good communication skills and a knowledge-sharing team worker.
- Analytical skill and able to solve problems, have a good technical sensitivity and able to identify the risk.
- Has a good sense of customer service, good teamwork, project management. Be proactive, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure, and strive to pursue success.
- Good at summarizing and documentation.
- Fluent Mandarin speaking a mandatory requirement.
- Location: Bracknell, UK
- Salary: £50000/ annum
- Advertisement closing date: 6th May 2018
- Analytical Skills
- trouble shooting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job