Mandarin Speaking 2nd Line On-Site Engineer
Connect44 are looking for 2nd Line On-Site Engineers to work in London on a contractual basis for 2 years. The engineers will work within a team covering a 24 hour period. One engineer will work within the Area Operation and Maintenance team supporting daily running’s of the project The other engineer will work within the Big Data Operation and Maintenance team providing support and guidance on the project.
- Location: Slough, UK
- Salary: £50000/ annum
- Advertisement closing date: 30th May 2018
High Level Responsibilities
Provide escalation path to 1st line support engineers to aid issues and queries.
- Liaise with 3rd line support in China for escalation support.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of Alibaba's data centre infrastructure
- Assist in facilitating vendor repairs for tickets and installation of servers
- Understand the requirements of 24x7 on-site support
- Responsible to enforce the facilities regulations and safety policies
- Ensure SLA standards are met for all tickets
- Provide a clean work environment by ensuring the facility is clean
- Executing daily walkthroughs of IT equipment and MEP equipment
- Responsible for monitoring cloud cluster health status, regular inspection and record, send daily and weekly report on time.
- Responsible for the private cloud cluster fault handling, timely notification of feedback processing;
- Degree qualified in computer science or related subject, minimum 2 years experiences in operation and maintenance of distributed systems.
- Familiar with Java, project development experience is highly desirable.
- Fully conversant with Linux systems, know well Linux system commands and tuning optimization methods;
- Understand the operation and maintenance system architecture, familiar with the capacity planning, architecture design and performance optimization.
- Willing to share operation and maintenance experience with the 1st line on-site support engineers and enable them has the ability.
- Familiar with more than one scripting language (Python / Shell / PHP, and etc.).
- Familiar with more than one development language (Java / C / C + +, and etc.). Development experiences are preferred.
- Strong analytical skills for difficult problem solving issues with follow up to resolution.
- Responsible for compiling the common trouble shooting manual, and capable of engagement with the 1st line on-site support engineers.
- Excellent networking experience (IP, Cisco, Huawei)
- Familiar with data centre power, machinery, fire, control system, server racks.
- Self-motivated and self-management ability, with strong problem analysis and crisis thinking experience.
- Familiar with the servers, network equipment, hardware installation, maintenance, troubleshooting processes and methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Has a good sense of customer service, good teamwork, project management. Be proactive, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure, and strive to pursue success.
- Good at summarizing and documentation.
- Analytical Skills
- trouble shooting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"