I am currently recruiting on behalf of a global organisation who are about to carry out a very exciting project which will see them consolidating their entire messaging, voice and telephony service to the global buisness.
As part of the messaging team you will be instrumental in delivering this programme of work.
The principal objectives of the role are:
• Provide in-depth and authorities expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 platform as well as other complementary services such as audio and conferencing integration.
• Regular engagement with suppliers and vendors to support enforced upgrades as well as introduction of new capabilities.
• Act as an authorities point of contact for both internal and IT partners to ensure the Collaboration and Messaging portfolio is being consumed/exploited.
• Be available out of hours to support any major operational issues plus act as an escalation point for 2nd line support engineers.
• Participate in regular supplier and IT partner reviews.
• In the event of a major incident be prepared to lead resolution activities and complete root cause analysis
• Act as technical SME in the support of divestitures as well as merger and acquisition activities (including integration and migration)
• Work with End User Computing specialists to ensure Productivity tooling such as Microsoft Office 2013/16 is configured correctly to provide seamless integration with Office 365.
• Work with the EUC/UCC Architectural community to shape future service offerings
• Support direct line management in ensuring the Collaboration and Messaging platform is appropriately licensed and compliant with WBA security/corporate policies.
• When required work with IT Security and Compliance colleagues to support investigations.
Work with suppliers and vendors to support enforced upgrades and progress adoption of new services.
Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Office 365 services - with specific focus on Microsoft Exchange.
Ensure commercial contracts, entitlements, standards and corporate policies are enforced.
Positively promote Unified Communication and Collaboration services when engaging with business colleagues
Where necessary provide out of hours escalation support for all collaboration and messaging services.
Be flexible with occasional travel between key business locations within the UK and Europe.
Produce regular sources of information and data that can support management level reporting
Provide expert knowledge in the support of divestiture as well as merger and acquisitions
Identify opportunities and evaluate functionality to increase business value.
Contribute to the design, support and execute platform migration activities e.g. transition from Exchange on premise to Exchange Online.
Minimum of 4 years experience working in an IT application or infrastructure support role
Legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom
Strong human relation skills, and be able to interact with internal and external customers, other engineers and senior management.
Written skills with the ability to author technical reference and support materials.
Experience of working with off-shore IT support teams, engagement with international business communities as well as suppliers.
Good industry awareness/knowledge of Messaging and Collaboration technologies not just Office 365
Foundational knowledge of Directory and authentication services - must have clear understanding of key components such as Azure Directory, AD Synchronisation, SSO Authentication
- 3rd Line Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job