REED Technology Belfast are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a market leading Financial Services company based in Northern Ireland. Due to continued growth my client is seeking to recruit an experienced Software Developer to join their excellent team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, motivated individual to become a key part of a small, dynamic team, reporting directly to the IT manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new software packages for the businesses core products, writing diagnostic programs and designing & writing code for operating systems and software to ensure efficiency. It is also expected that the successful candidate will maintain and enhance current products by observing, testing, diagnosing and fixing software faults.
As a successful Software Developer within this organisation you will be responsible for:
• Writing, updating and maintaining computer programs and software packages to handle specific requirements
• Correcting any errors and rechecking the program ensuring the desired results are produced
• Conducting trials on software applications, ensuring they produce the desired information and that instructions are correct
• Compiling documentation of program development and subsequent revisions
• Consulting with manager & technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes
• Performing revision, repair or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency
• Writing, analysing, reviewing and rewriting programs using workflow charts and diagrams and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter and symbolic logic
• Investigating all functionality of systems and peripheral equipment are responding to a program’s instructions
• Preparing detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output & logical operation, and convert to a series of coded instructions
• Performing systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software
• Consulting with and assisting System Analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs
• Writing and contributing to user manuals to guide end users
• Degree educated in Computer Science or a IT related subject
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Experience of programming languages such as ASP.NET, VB.NET, C and C#
• Experience dealing with MS SQL Server and Oracle
• Knowledge and awareness of market trends and technology
• Awareness of PC Security
If you are an individual who pays great attention to detail, are very self-motivated and can work on your own initiative, REED Technology Belfast would like to hear from you TODAY!
If interested in this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively call me on 02890330604 for additional detail, and a full and comprehensive job specification.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job