An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio, as a TS1 Helpdesk Analyst in our Service Desk team.
A global ICT Services group consisting of several brands in 18 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America with an extensive history that extends over 125 years. It has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise, SMB and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Communication, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Product and Managed Services.We offer a unique model that provides customers with a consistent IT service throughout the world, with one single point of contact and billing entity, delivering services to 90 countries. This is ranked number 3 globally according to Managed/Maintained End-user Devices with a total of 7.4M assets.
They support their employees to become experts in their field though development by an in house University and an internal recruitment program.
The service desk is a communications center that provides a single point of contact between our customers, employees and business partners. The purpose of the service desk is to ensure that users receive the appropriate help in a timely manner.
The role involves working within the 1st line service desk answering telephone calls and then troubleshooting andraising tickets into our call management system. You will work closely with the shift leader to meet contractual SLA’s for the specific customer.
- Answer calls in a courteous and customer focused fashion as per GSC call handling instructions.
- Raise incidents / requests for all new cases as per the incident management process and the updating of existing incidents as appropriate
- Act as first line support for desktop technology
- Resolve incidents within agreed timescales & where necessary seek assistance from appropriate sources as required
- First line incident resolution
- Escalate incidents as per the incident management process to both internal and external support teams
- Perform Request fulfilment tasks in line with contractual obligations
- Monitor service desk mailboxes and call queues to ensure all incidents are updated and progressed in required timescales
- Development of skills in specified technology
- Provide expertise at a level and in a fashion which aims to exceed customer expectation
- Contact customers where necessary to provide updates and confirm closure.
- Adopt flexible working hours as and when the operational need arises
- Participate in service introduction, due diligence and customer on-boarding as required and work closely with project teams to ensure GSC requirements are fully met
- Participate in regular visits to client sites to develop & transfer knowledge and build strong working relationships with GTN, customer & 3rd party resolver groups
- Achieve targets & performance levels as set out within the agent coach card
- Minimum of 2 years experience in supporting Microsoft Desktop platform
- Experience of user administration.
- Experience of desktop support diagnostics and problem determination
- Experience of diagnosing desktop performance issues.
- Knowledge of Exchange or alternative mail system
- Knowledge of Local/Network Printer support
- Knowledge of domain structure and directory services configurations.
- Experience in PDA Support
- Ability to document support procedures/fixes
- Knowledge of TCP/IP functions (DNS, DHCP).
- Knowledge of user and Share/NTFS permissions.
- Typically secondary/ high school qualified with a relevant technical qualification, required certifications and at least 2 years relevant work experience
- MCDST level and at least 2 years experience in desktop role
- Experience in Active Directory and MS Exchange to a high level
- Service Desk
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job