IT Service Desk Engineer
The candidate will need excellent customer service skills coupled with a strong technical computer background. Ability to take responsibility for IT incidents, requests, problems and proactively seek resolutions for customers; keep customers informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner. Support both internal and external customers. Key skills include ITIL, MS Office365, MS operating systems, computer hardware, printers, phone systems, good working knowledge of network topologies and excellent customer services skills. As part of the job role you will be expected to travel to our branch offices when required.
- Provide the customer interface to the IT Service Desk via face-to-face, telephone and electronic communications.
- Logging of Service Desk calls, ensuring all the fields are completed, assigning the correct priority status to the call.
- Working to ITIL best practices.
- Take responsibility for faults and work requests. Proactively seek resolutions for customers; keep customers informed of progress; deal with problems and complaints in a professional, calm manner.
- Provide technical support on all IT related matters aiming at resolving majority of incidents at first point of call using advanced diagnostic techniques, system administrator rights and remote control of desktops.
- Ensure the company IT audit system is kept updated when hardware and software changes are made.
- User account creation for domain, email and application accounts.
- Support the company front and back office applications.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging hardware and software technologies.
- Maintain a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
- Any other reasonably IT related duties required.
- Travel to branch offices within the UK to provide support when required.
- May be expected to work hours between 8am to 6pm when required to cover oncall periods. Note that these oncall start and end times may change.
Education / Qualifications / Knowledge
- Good level of basic education is essential
- Degree is desirable
- MS Office365 Experience
- MS Client Operating System experience
- Experience in a similar job role
- MS Operating System
- Hardware experience computer, monitor, scanner, printer
- Microsoft and Cisco networking knowledge
- User account creation for domain, email and application accounts
Desirable Skills / Training
- Multiple MCP
- Avaya Telephone System
- Thin Client
- Terminal Server
Disposition / Personal Qualities
- Support and encourage the company culture
- Ability to work in a team
- Self motivated
- Self reliant
- Excellent communicator
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'