1:1 Teaching Assistant - Christchurch
Prospero Teaching are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a child in KS2 in a vibrant primary school in Christchurch. The position is to support the child with managing their behaviour, and with social interaction, communication and academic development. The position is to begin in October 2020 or sooner and will continue until the end of the academic year for the successful applicant.
The school has high expectations for the children, and staff work hard to ensure that every child receives the provision they need to reach their potential. Experience of working on a 1:1 basis is required, and experience of managing challenging behaviour is essential. You would need to have a firm, fair and consistent approach, and be able to maintain a positive and encouraging style of communication.
About the school and contract:
- A school with a warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Supportive and settled staff team
- A long-term position to support on a 1:1 basis
- Hours: 8.30am - 12.45pm (Part-Time)
- Trial day and start date October 2020 or sooner
The successful Teaching Assistant will be:
- Experienced supporting children with additional needs on a 1:1 basis
- Confident supporting learning in Maths and English
- Experienced managing challenging behaviour
- Approachable, calm and a good team player
- Available long-term
The successful Teaching Assistant will have the following:
- Level 2 or Level 3 qualification relating to supporting teaching and learning in schools, or relevant experience
- UK classroom experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- References covering the last 12 months
- A fully enhanced DBS on the online update service, or be prepared to process a new one at a cost of £45.80
If you would like to know more about this Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant position then please call our Senior Education Consultant for Dorset, Matthew on (phone number removed).
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 referral scheme (Terms and conditions apply).
We ensure every step of your path with Prospero Teaching is a great one. We offer free courses in teaching, lesson planning, CPD certified qualifications, help with moving overseas and much more. Whether you want to teach music in Liverpool, history in London or maths in Manchester we have the right teaching or teaching assistant job for you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'