1:1 Primary Teaching Assistant
We are currently looking for experienced teaching assistants to work on a 1:1 basis with children in various schools in Conwy.
To be considered for this role you will need to have experience supporting children with additional needs, ideally within a classroom setting.
You will need to be someone who has a caring and nurturing personality, who has the abilty to build rapport with children, who will often display challenging beahviour.
You will ideally have a teaching assistant qualification, however the experience working with children is just as important.
As a TA your role and responsibilities include:
- Providing support to a child on a 1:1 basis
- Promoting good behaviour / managing challenging behaviour
- Aiding pupils in their learning as effectively as possible
- Helping children with additional educational needs
- Providing feedback on learning and development to the teacher
- Creating and maintaining an orderly and supportive learning environment
- Administrative tasks
- We are looking for the following qualities in applicants:
- Friendly, positive and pro-active attitude
- Passion for education
- Ability to use initiative
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
To be considered for this role you would need to have:
- Ideally teaching assistant Level 2 or 3 qualification
- Ideally worked with children in the 5 years
- Right to work in the UK.
What to expect from Excell Supply
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work that you want - we listen to your needs
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - *Get £500 cash for referring a friend*
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
- Special Needs
- Assistant Teaching
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'