Tax Assistant required in North West Dorset
Salary £25,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience and Qualifications (Full Time, 38.75 hours per week: 8.30am - 5.15pm) one hour unpaid Lunch Break. Option to work from home on one day per week post training/probationary period.
My client is seeking an aspiring Tax Advisor to report into the Tax Manager and become a key team member from the outset. You will work closely with the Senior team to deliver a range of Tax Compliance Services, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Maintain personal tax records for worldwide information as transactions happen, for UK self-assessment tax returns.
- Ensure all returns and payments are submitted on time. Assist with capital gains computations
- Preparation of income and expenditure information for a sole trader’s tax return and for property rental income
- Maintain EIS/SEIS relief tax records for investments qualifying under these venture capital schemes, preparing claim forms and tracking relief claims and withdrawals. Work with our wider investment team on investment planning to utilise available tax reliefs
- Preparation of VAT returns for a sole trader whose VAT information feeds into their tax returns. Research into VAT questions as required by the wider team
- Completion of international tax reporting forms to banks and investment companies for individuals and businesses (FATCA/CRS/AEI)
- Undertake ad-hoc tax and investment related projects and research as required
- Provide technical support for the payroll department researching questions on payroll and staff benefit taxes
- Trust Tax - opportunity to gain experience of UK Trust tax returns and computations
- Reviewing Corporation Tax returns and computations prepared by the Finance team.
- Maintain corporation tax records, ensure corporation tax returns and payments are submitted on time.
- Assist the finance team with preparation of business tax computations and research into queries as required
- Enthusiastic candidate who is keen to progress their career in Tax and gain further exposure to a range of Tax affairs
- ATT Qualified / studying towards ATT
- 18 months relevant experience, preferably in a Practice environment
- Confident, Flexible and willing to gain further experience in the workplace
- Excellent Administration and Communication skills (both written and Verbal)
- Excellent IT Skills, sound knowledge of MS Office and previous accountancy software knowledge
- Team Player
- Generous Benefits (full details upon request)
- Competitive Salary Package
- Study support towards ATT
- Tax Assistant
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'