Retail & Commercial Sales Development Manager
We can offer you:
- £52K Basic Salary (Minimum 40 hours per week).
- Discretionary quarterly "GP growth" bonuses (Capped at 50% of pro-rata Salary).
- We operate a cost-of-living support scheme, giving the potential to earn an additional £20 per week based on attendance.
- Company Car.
- Company BUPA.
- Staff discount
- 21 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Free parking
- 5 days unpaid leave
Reporting To: Managing Director.
Middle Management Reports: Retail Marketing Manager, Store Managers.
Senior Retail Management Team: Retail & Commercial Sales Development Manager, Retail Operations Manager.
Responsible For: Retail Sales Development, Commercial Sales Development, Retail Marketing, Retail Assets. Retail & Commercial Product Selections.
Preferred Candidate Background:
Pride yourself on your relentless customer focus and understanding of the ever-changing retail landscape?
Looking for a role where you can work cross departmentally, build strong relationships and trust, taking teams on a journey to find solutions and identify opportunities to drive sales and efficiencies at both retail stores and throughout the wider business?
Do you have a proven track record in the retail sector and during that time developed in-depth understanding of how retail stores can grow, prosper and importantly add value to a successful omni-channel business. Embracing social media as a "tool" to assist in driving sales (locality and nationally) into stores.
Be "product centric" (with a keen interest in new technologies) and have an aptitude for "high ticket" product focussed sales training?
Main duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the Development Manager position:
Based at our Northampton Head Office, you will be responsible for growing B2C and B2B sales revenues from our 11 Retail Stores across the UK (plus occasional EXPO’s and pop up’s), implementing our vision of delivering a "first-class" customer experience. This senior management role will also work closely with the "Retail Operations Manager" to ensure strategic, operational and commercial objectives are met, and essentially in line. Store managers will (in addition to the "Retail Operations Manager") also report to this role for sales, marketing and product related KPI’s and responsibilities. In addition to the above you will maintain great relationships with other key departments including digital, buying, product development and key external contacts including suppliers, consultants, landlords and retail site management. All retail marketing strategy will fall under the responsibility of this role with the "Retail Marketing Manager" reporting directly into this newly created position.
As a commercially focused individual from a retail background, you will identify how to improve "bricks & mortar" sales and service (both retail and commercial) and deliver sales related KPIs, both strategically and via regular store visits. Confidently articulating store management views and suggestions to Head Office management team and suppliers as needed. adapting a communication style as needed for the different audiences.
This key position will require an adaptable fast paced approach individual, where logical thinking and a can-do solution-focused attitude is essential. Focused on remaining profitable in changing and challenging times in the wider retail landscape, reacting quickly as required to positively influence sales within stores.
Additional attributes/responsibilities within the Development Manager role:
- Be highly organised, adept at multi-tasking and seeing things through to completion, handling varying projects and workstreams concurrently.
- Be familiar or experienced in supplier negotiations (and commercially savvy) to ensure agreements are always in the best interests of the wider business.
- Have an understanding of costing of sustainable, efficient and cost-effective shop fits, maintenance and materials.
- Be able to set and work within a budget, understanding impact on P&L and be able to make sound commercial decisions.
- Understand retail legal requirements including "Sale of Goods Act" and "FSA", leases and consumer protection.
- Have awareness and adherence to GDPR regulations.
- IT literate, being able to grasp new software systems and reporting.
- Any other duties as required by the Managing Director.
- Marketing Strategy
- Build Strong Relationships
- Commercial Sales
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
- Marketing And Media jobs in Round Spinney Industrial Estate
- Manager jobs in Round Spinney Industrial Estate
- Development Manager jobs in Round Spinney Industrial Estate
- Jobs in Round Spinney Industrial Estate
- Marketing And Media jobs
- Manager jobs
- Development Manager jobs
- Fitness Superstore (BodyPower Sports Ltd) jobs
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'