Primary DetailsTime Type: Full time Worker Type: Employee
Are you ready to grow your career with us? If you are a team player with a desire to learn, then this is the role for you! This is an exciting time to be joining us as we embark on several projects across our Credit Control function. We are seeking individuals who are looking for a chance to start their career in a supportive environment where anything is possible!
As a Credit Controller, you will ensure prompt collection and reconciliation of premiums, minimisation of bad debts and maximisation of cash flow. Provide support to the management team by ensuring daily and monthly targets are met with problems identified and overcome. To be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with one or more Client/Broker ensuring that all operational issues are resolved in an efficient and effective manner. This role will also see you work with our European team.
Core Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Being aware of the annual business plan for the Underwriting Division/s your role supports.
- Understanding and incorporating the strategies for achieving individual or work unit objectives.
- Taking full ownership of the Broker Accounts. Reviewing all escalated unidentified cash or debt where there are collection difficulties to ensure these are cleared at the earliest opportunity. Ensuring all debt is received on the due date and all avenues are explored to collect overdue debt.
- Identifying Brokers with high volumes of queries, identifying reason for queries enabling development of strategies to eliminate the need of queries, in collaboration with all parties concerned.
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing process documentation and user guides following the Document Standards templates.
- Analysing all processes related data, highlighting areas of concerns and propose working solutions where applicable.
- Resolving queries and issues that are raised by our internal and external clients as well as our extended team in the GSSC within required timeframes
- Performing any transactional activities that the extended team are responsible for, as and when required as part of the Business Continuity process
- Ensuring quality and timely data capture across all processes is accurate enabling effective MI.
To succeed in the role, you will have:
- Customer service experience with good communication skills.
- Intermediate level use of MS office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good understanding and ability to analyse detailed reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships.
Why QBE? At My Best
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that’s why we have created “At My Best”. It’s our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It’s in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include;
Employer of the Year 2022Winner – Insurance Insider
British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for:Best COVID-19 Response?
Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent
Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'