Customer Service, Credit Officer - Sheffield.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role of Credit Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Assess the current financial circumstances of our customers via internal system based referrals, plus inbound and outbound calls providing well-reasoned credit lending decisions
- Provide credit approvals and recommendations whilst minimising any credit risks
- Provide constructive feedback to the branch network and direct sales channels
- Keep treating customers fairly at the heart of everything you do
- Actively listen to customer needs and respond to their queries/concerns
- Ensure all procedures and internal controls are adhered to, minimising fraud, losses and bad debt
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in a relevant role i.e. customer service, credit management
- Availability to work the shift pattern required for this role, i.e. you will be assigned a 35 hour shift pattern within the following working window: Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri 8.00am-10.00pm & Sat/Sun 9.00am-5.00pm. Your exact working pattern will be agreed on commencement of your role
- A track record of gaining an understanding of customers' needs and delivering excellent customer serviceWe'll do everything we can to help you thrive in our sociable working environment.
We'll give you plenty of support with 16 weeks of comprehensive training in our Retail Credit Services academy, where you will receive full training, understand the fundamentals of making credit decisions and once complete receive a lending authority. We will provide on the job coaching and mentoring to grow your knowledge of our products and services. Your hard work will be recognised. And, as you progress, your manager will help you plan a structured career path, setting clear goals and providing feedback to help you achieve them. You'll have all the individual development opportunities you need to go further, not just here, but in other areas of the business - maybe even another part of the world.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job