About the Role:
The primary role of PLC Finance and Investor Relations functions is to provide accurate, timely and high quality financial information both regularly and at ad-hoc times to the executive team, PLC Board and external to shareholders. Given the breadth of coverage, there is a need for an energetic, proactive and skilled professional to cover a full on role, with at times, demanding hours:
[i] Provide high quality professional support to the PLC Finance and Investor Relation Director, taking ownership of delegated projects and tasks. (40%)
[ii] Administrative and co-ordination support to the PLC Finance & Investor Relations team (30%)
[iii] Co-ordination and ownership of investor related activity reporting to the Senior Investor Relations Manager (30%)
Key Responsibilities include:
- PA support to the PLC Finance & Investor Relations Director allowing the smooth working of the function given the multiple activities:
- Proactive co-ordination and management of diary, travel, expense and meeting planning both internally and externally. Director role requires significant travel to London so the role requires the ability to effectively plan and manage appointments and schedule to use time effectively.
- Action routine correspondence, prioritising items to be dealt with ensuring resolved quickly and efficiently
- Co-ordination, including driving and chasing, of inputs to report to PLC Board and executive. Planning and co-ordinating inputs from directors direct reports to ensure timeliness as well as review and challenge content to ensure alignment and accuracy.
- Carry out general system administration, including purchase orders, holiday booking, etc. Manage overheads budget and forecasts and to ensure that it is accurately recorded in SAP and subsequent reporting
- Supporting the Investor Relations activities to ensure that management time is effectively used:
- Setup and administration of investor and analyst meetings. Use CRM system to draft investor target lists for IR manager, requires candidate to build knowledge of the investor base and ensure the most appropriate investors are contacted for IR engagement. Analyse peer groups to identify potential investor targets and analyst/ portfolio managers within those targets. Pro-actively contact investors as part of the IR targeting strategy.
- Investor roadshow co-ordination. Work with third-party roadshow organisers to ensure schedule is managed effectively/efficiently and pro-actively manage agreed meetings to ensure only agreed investor targets are planned in for a meeting. Ensure time used by effectively planning and scheduling investor meetings.
- Capital market events planning and co-ordination. Shape and manage the annual timetable for the IR capital markets event to ensure that both the internal and external requirements are delivered appropriately. Will include management of diaries, working with EXCO PAs on diaries as well as managing third party suppliers for the event.
- Management of investor contact database
- Management of the investor external website and internal intranet site. Will include pro-actively suggesting improvements to the website based on in-market best practise, benchmarking vs peer group and recognised "best in class" IR websites. This will include the use of both third-party analysis but also identifying benchmark websites and suggesting improvements to the Britvic site as a result. Updating content on a periodic basis to reflect current strategy and communication of the company’s position. Will be required to draft content for approval.
- Travel administration and support
- External communications support
- Administration support across the PLC Finance function of key processes instrumental in the effective working of our finance team:
- Management of Finance policy SharePoint site
- Producing with other departments routine integrated annual meeting calendars
- Improving ways of working across the finance teams. Support Director and direct reports to ensure the most effective and efficient ways of working are adopted
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Understanding how to prepare and lay our documents in MS Office
- Able to build knowledge and become primary user for CRM system and Web CM system
- Highly organised,
- Exposure to Finance teams and investor contact an advantage
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at senior levels internally and externally, will require contact with board, executive committee and appropriate external parties such as Senior audit partner
- Touch typing RSA III
- Shows a clear desire to achieve success
- Creates energy in others and themselves through their approach to work.
- Takes pride in their approach to work.
- Challenges issues with confidence, as and when they arise.
- Anticipates the impact of decisions / actions.
- Takes a considered and structured approach to planning and delivering initiatives.
- Engages with others in order to gain their support.
- Creates a compelling and positive message to persuade others.
- Tailors messages to address the wants and needs of audiences.
- Builds and maintains strong networks across the business.
- Works effectively with a diverse range of people across the business.
- Creates respectful relationships with colleagues.
- Adapts their personal style to best fit the situation.
- Seeks opportunities for learning and personal growth beyond the day job.
- Is resilient in their approach to resolving issues.
- Constantly searches to make everything simpler, easier or more efficient.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure results are delivered.