Part-time Sales Assistant, Manchester: Our client is one of Manchester’s largest home furniture stores and a great opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced sales person to join their friendly and helpful team as a part-time Sales Assistant in their Home Accessories and Gallery Department.
They opened in 1947 and pride itself on their standards of excellence and ensuring that nothing is too much trouble for their customers, leading the way in exceptional customer service, endless choice and the support of 300 friendly and passionate employees. Their 30,000 exciting products show the most inspirational selection of home furnishings to create beautiful living environments.
Customers are welcomed by their famous doormen and looked after every step of the way to make it a magical shopping experience. They also have two impressive dining and refreshment venues – a relaxed Cafe and a fabulous fully licensed Restaurant.
As a Part-time Sales Assistant will be for a minimum of 22.5 hours per week, 3 days out of 7 on a rota basis including weekends and core duties will include:
* Maximising departmental turnover by matching customer needs to the products and services offered
* Developing and updating a good level of product knowledge in order to assist customers and maximise sales potential
* Complete all relevant sales documentation accurately
* Demonstrate an awareness of stock issues
* Assist with the upkeep of the department (displays, ticketing, stock replenishment) so as to help maximise departmental turnover
* Approach / deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner, ascertaining their needs
* Providing outstanding levels of service to both internal and external customers
* Developing a detailed understanding of company IT systems, utilising all IT aides to help resolve any customer queries, thereby maximising the effectiveness of the systems
For the role of part-time Sales Assistant, you must:
* Have a proven sales background
* Be smart and presentable
* Be reliable and trustworthy
* Have the ability to deliver excellent customer service
* Be flexible as Saturday or Sunday working is required
Previous retail sales experience is essential and this is a great career opportunity as full training will be provided.
How to apply
Please note that in accordance with Hot Recruitment Consultants recruitment and consultancy processes, if you are shortlisted your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
Applications for the role of Part-time Sales Assistant will only be considered if we are provided with a full CV detailing your recent work experience with dates of employment and residential address. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Retail, Assistant, Direct Sales, Shop, Sales Executive, Advisor,