Land Charges Assistant
£68.60 per day
Full time - 35 hours per week
Civic Centre, Southend on Sea
Temporary Contract up to 6 months
About the role
A temporary Land Charges Assistant is required for a 6 month temporary contract. The principal duties will involve verifications of search applications, extraction and collation of information from service department records (mainly electronic systems), production of search results, replies to additional enquiries, environmental information queries and dealing with customer queries.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Vetting of incoming searches; ensuring that the property can be readily identified; clarifying addresses with applicants, working out fees payable and banking income
- Searching the Local Land Charges Register
- Extracting information from Service Departments' records
- Collating replies received from other departments
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and correspondence, including providing copies of legal documents
- Assisting the Land Charges Officer with special projects when necessary
- You will have significant experience of office practice, procedure & systems along with excellent computer skills to include Windows and Microsoft Office
- Experience of working in Local Land Charges and awareness of the relevance of Local Land Charges in connection with the sale of property including issues of sensitivity and confidentiality is desirable
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and use initiative and common sense
- Courteous and calm personality
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Commitment to providing a high quality accurate service
Southend Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Please note this role may be filled prior to the closing date.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.