Plan and arrange delivery of a programme of conferences and general events in collaboration with training partners, CIMA, corporate and third parties such as Seven (CIMA Media) and Chambers.
This role is supporting the whole of professional Development in arranging Conferences and events including the CIMA conferences & breakfast briefings. There will be travel to London and across the UK to support some events which may at times involve overnight stays.
- Manage all conferences - arranging dates, venues, speakers, catering, arranging any required literature and liaising with marketing and programme leader regarding promotion of the event
- Manage all breakfast briefings - as above
- Manage all chamber events and liaising with chambers
- Manage any other general professional Development events as the need arises
- Manage room bookings (via course management, training partners or external venues)
- Liaise with Programme Leaders in relation to conferences and speakers and liaise/book speakers including speaker fee negotiation
- Ensure appropriate marketing of events via all distribution channels - liaising with relevant marketing teams (internal and external)
- Liaison with external sponsors
This role will require liaison with many teams not only within BPP but also with prestigious clients, presenters and senior management within Professional Development
- Experience running events such as conferences/meetings for corporate firms is essential
- Well organised and self disciplined
- Experience of working in a very busy environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and evidence of prioritising work under such conditions
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines
- The ability to build strong professional relationships with internal staff, external partners, clients and sponsors
- The ability to anticipate the needs of the client and manage their expectations efficiently
- Customer service experience within a blue chip organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level (minimum) of MS Office - Word/Excel/Access and Powerpoint
- Experience of Outlook
Ideally the candidate will be educated to a degree level - however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.