A central Manchester pupil referral service is seeking youth workers to support their academic structure. The youth workers will assist the teaching staff in engagement and behaviour. The students that attend the pupil referral unit are under exclusion from mainstream Manchester schools. The students display a full range of learning barriers and challenging behaviours.
- Verbal and written communication skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- assess the needs of young people, and plan and deliver programmes related to areas such as health, fitness, smoking, drugs, gangs, violence, relationships and bullying;
- regularly monitor and review the quality of the local youth work provision;
- run arts-based activities, community/environmental projects, residential activities, outdoor education and sporting activities;
- befriend and support young people in different settings, including outreach work;
- mentor, coach and support individuals and encourage greater social inclusion;
All backgrounds and experiences open to apply, experience is highly necessary.
If you feel you meet this exciting opportunity, do not hesitate to call me on or if you wish to apply send me across your CV to
- Residential Care
- Youth Work