Full Address: across Spelthorne, Elmbridge
Exact working hours: Flexible hours Mon –Fri between 3.30pm and 9.30pm
About the Role
• Engage the young people within their own community and signpost to existing services or work in new projects as appropriate
• To plan and prepare for sessions
• Evaluate and review all youth work sessions
• To undertake relevant training and development opportunities where appropriate
• Identify needs and aspirations of young people and involve them in planning, developing and leading sessions and/or personal development plans
• To work within effective local partnerships to meet the needs of young people in Surrey
• Working with young people preferably in an informal education setting
• Working within a team and being supportive of the team aims and objectives
• Working with young people to produce individual development plans (desirable)
• Experience of monitoring and evaluating youth work (desirable)
Skills and Abilities
• Be able to recognise current issues for young people and the barriers they may face that leave them vulnerable
• To be pro-active when participating in new projects
• Ability to deal professionally with the pressures young people and communities bring
• Willingness to adapt to the changing needs of the community and young people
• Have confidence to work with other agencies that support young people
• Committed to working to organisational Policies and Procedures in particular with regard to the safeguarding of young people and working within our equality and diversity policy
• Be able to attend meetings and training sessions when required
• Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, afternoons, evenings or weekends
• Ability to use ICT, for record keeping and communication, within the team
• A Level 2 qualification in Youth Work
Eikon is a Surrey based charity that has been working in the local community for almost two decades, providing long-term support to some of the county’s most vulnerable young people and their families.
Our vision is to develop happy, thriving and resilient young adults who are able to contribute positively to society.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Eikon will treat all employees and job applicants equally and fairly and not discriminate unjustifiably against them.
Eikon recognises that people from different backgrounds can bring fresh ideas and skills. It values diversity and welcomes interest from all sections of the community. It is committed to build and reinforce a culture where people value each other and treat each other with dignity and respect.
In developing and implementing its Equal Opportunities & Diversity Policy, Eikon is committed to complying with the spirit and intention of all current and any future anti- discrimination legislation including, but not limited to:-
(a) the Employment Rights Act 1996
(b) the Employment Equality Act (Age) Regulations 2006 (Schedule 6 &8 only)
(c) the Equality Act 2010 and any relevant amendments or re-enactments of such legislation.