The main aims of the role are to support the learning Centre Co-ordinator's and teaching staff with the planning, implementation, direct delivery and evaluation of high quality education provision for young people excluded from/at risk of exclusion from mainstream school and to support the young people involved with the PRU with their personal, social and educational development.
To be considered for this role, you must have -
* an awareness of issues affecting young people not attending mainstream school and their families, including barriers to learning and ways of supporting young people to overcome those barriers and achieve their full potential
* the ability to liaise and communicate effectively; and work collaboratively with PRU staff as well as other professionals from a range of agencies, young people and parents
* the ability to support young people working towards Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications
* the ability to intervene in difficult situations and challenge young people in an appropriate manner, promoting positive attitudes and behaviours
* flexibility to work at a variety of locations if required at the discretion of the Headteacher of the PRU
* personal commitment to continuous professional development, undertaking all relevant training
* or be willing to achieve a qualification relating to Youth Work or Learning Support.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please contact Monarch Education today! We look forward to hearing from you.
- Youth Work; SEN; Children; Special Needs; Young People; Behaviour
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'