Support Worker - Swansea
Do you have a passion for providing first class support? Are you an experienced Support Worker? We have exciting opportunities available for a care Support Worker role in the Swansea area.
You will be based with in a residential setting working with young adults. You will be working as part of a dedicated team, aiming to promote independence and improve self esteem.
This is a permanent commencing as soon as possible. To be considered for this role, experience of working within a similar secure setting in the care sector is preferable however we are also looking for individuals with vast life experience in general.
- You should involve the people we support in the planning of their supp This includes developing and delivering their support plan, and reviewing the support they receive against the Dimensions' values.
- You will need to support people with their personal and intimate care as require
- This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves etc.
- You will help the people we support to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as require
- You will support people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
- You will help the people we support to manage their own money.
- You will support people with their day to day travel arrangements and holidays as require
- You will be expected to work in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
- You will have to keep some written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records
- Be prepared to work flex This includes working weekends, nights, bank holidays
(including Christmas and New Year) and to do sleep-ins where required.
- Complete all of required training either by E Learning or attending courses.
- Adhere to our policies, procedures and standards as published. Keep information about the people we support, colleagues and the company confidential.
- You are expected to develop professionally as a support w This means that you are expected to get involved and contribute in meetings, work towards gaining qualifications about your work, attend training courses and be willing to learn new things and ways of working.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills
- A valid DBS.
- A Level 2 Qualification or Diploma in Health and Social is desirable but not essential.
- Qualifications in Manual Handling, First Aid and Fire Safety
- Basic health care and personal care.
- Peg, and epilepsy training is also desirable.
- Paid training.
- Competitive annual leave.
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly team then this could be the role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply by either calling or via email
This role is open to receiving applications over the next two weeks. Within 14 days of the closing date, appropriate applicants will be invited to register with Randstad Care.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.