Prospero Health and Social Care is recruiting for a highly skilled Youth Support Worker to work in a range of specialist settings for children and young people with complex needs and behavioural challenges.
This role will include supporting children and young people with learning disabilities and emotional and behavioural issues. Your duties will include general support, 1:1 support, support in the community and helping young people live a fun and fulfilling life.
As a Support Worker, you will be providing personalised care to children, acting as their advocate and ensuring that we meet the high standards of care that we believe in. This could be art, walking, gardening, sports… the list is endless.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- previous experience and a passion to work in the care sector.
- Must have Adult and Child Workforce DBS or be willing to complete one.
- Must be confident in working with teenagers and young children with behavioural challanges and comples needs.
- Ideally a driving license and car or an ability to travel between services if needed.
Your duties will vary by setting, but are likely to include:
- Taking a non-judgemental approach in supporting young people with complex needs/backgrounds
- Supporting young people in developing life skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting etc.
- Taking the young people out in the community for activities, shopping, educational outings and exercise.
- Supporting the manager of each home, ensuring that the required standards are met in all areas
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic rates of pay starting from £11 per hour & enhanced rates during Bank Holiday's
- A real work life balance
- Ongoing in house training
- Option to accrue Holiday pay
If you have the relevant experience outline above, enjoy working in a variety of different settings and like flexible working please apply and a consulant will be in touch to discuss your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'